6 tips for developers to improve the work life balance
1 - Define your ultimate goals
Take a sheet of paper and a pen, have a comfortable sit, and think about your most important dreams, goals and objectives. What the future holds for you, and how you will achieve your ideal life. Think about your professional goals (your career, your future achievements, …). Think about your personal goals (your family, your friends, your soulmate, …). Write right now 5 goals to achieve by the end of this year.
2 - No, No, No
No is the most powerful word in the history of humanity. Why? Because No frees you from all the things that you don’t want to do, all the things that are of no value to your professional and personal life, to your most important goals that you have now defined (I hope so).
3 - 20/80
The law of pareto says that 20% of the causes generate 80% of the consequences and vice-versa. Let me give you an example, your work as a developer is fragmented into multiple tasks (conceptualising, coding, testing, …). You have now to define what of these tasks that generate the most results, and move your project forward. These tasks are the 20% part of the 20-80 law, concentrate on them all the time. Now what about the other 80% part ? You have 2 options, one, eliminate them, two, delegate them.
4 - Time for gym
Now that your goals are crystal-clear, and your tasks reorganised, you have a balance in the mental level, your mind is clear, focused and goal-oriented. Let’s move to the other equally important part of your life that influence both your professional and personal life. It’s the physical level, yes it’s your health. You may stay late at night, or eat at fast food chains. But you will never achieve great results whether in your work or in your life in general without a healthy body. To have that healthy body, you need to go work out for at least 15 minutes every day, have short breaks between long hours of coding and testing, drink more and more of water and eat at your home from time to time.
5 - Time for your relationships
We also work for long periods of time to get the MyAppConverter ready for our customers, but we don’t neglect the importance of relationships in our lives. You have to go out of your desk or couch and go chill with your family, your friends, or your significant other. That’s a great way to stay in touch with others, have a rest, free your mind and heart from the stress and pressure of the developer live.
6 - Stick to your new habits
The hard part in any life change is moving to action, practicing what you have learned. Believe us, you can do it, just do it right now. Shut down your laptop and begin with the first tip, define your goals now, or someone will define them for you, don’t let him do this, have a work life balance.
Bonus - Free yourself with MyAppConverter
MyAppConverter helps you reduce the time of your app project by 50%, it gives you freedom in the development and the coding of your apps, concentrate on the value you add to your users, we do the rest.